Words by Heath Vester
The warmer spring weather is reason enough to celebrate with friends, and a perfect way to enjoy the company of others is with creative drinks. Here at Ant Farm we have a delicious recipe that will take you back to the good old days by using a few classic southern flavors we all love. Whether or not you’re a pro at mixed drinks, this Southern Blackberry Tonic is a great beginner recipe. Enjoy!
Things you’ll need:
- 10 blackberries
- 1.5 oz. local honey
- 1 shot lemon juice
- 2 shots vodka
- Seltzer water
1) Pour the honey (perhaps slightly diluted with water and warmed into a
simple syrup, as to better blend in your drink), juice, and blackberries into your shaker.
2) Crush and mix thoroughly.
3) Add vodka and ice — shake for 10 seconds (make sure it’s well mixed).
4) Strain into your glasses with ice and fresh blackberries.
5) Top with Seltzer (or carbonated) water